Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I made it to Belize! I am currently on the top floor deck of Pedro's Inn where I get a decent internet signal. I arrived in San Pedro this afternoon around 4 pm. The flight from Belize City to San Pedro was quite the experience. It was an 8 passenger plane right next to the pilot. At first I was pulled aside along with two other women and I was worried my bags were going to get checked or I was being pulled aside because I had too much stuff (guilty), but it turns out they needed to balance the weight and needed the three women on the fight to sit in the back to balance out the men up in the front and middle. This was a relief. I got to take some neat pictures while we were up in the air and will load those tomorrow.
After arriving and unpacking for a couple minutes we all headed downstairs and across the street to Pedro's Restaurant and ate pizza. We met Paul and Peter along with Laura who have all done a fantastic job of arranging our rooms and excursions here in Belize. It was nice to finally put faces with names and all of them were very welcoming and warm to us which was a very nice first impression of San Pedro.
As I sit here typing I am listening to the live music that is currently going on in that restaurant across the street. People are arriving by bikes and some on golf carts to join in on the fun. There is a small child downstairs who is have a less than pleasant evening and as I sit here trying to describe San Pedro all I can think about is how much of my experience just in the past couples hours is hard to tell. I now understand why Dr. K and Dr. C said all last semester "you will see when you get there."
I am off to bed the traveling got the best of me. I am excited for this experience and feel blessed to have the opportunity to be here. Tomorrow we will all get breakfast at George's and then tour the town and get a chance to walk through all the schools (elementary and middle school). Until next time I love you all and thank you for following me through this blog as I go through this journey. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment